Forums

Ability to edit multiple files at once and automatic phase rotation
I love working with Soundop. Since I switched from Adobe Audition to Soundop I'm absolutely amazed by how fast and flawlessly your software works.

Over the years I used a lot of audio editors, including Audition, Acoustica, Izotope's editor, etc. Soundop works the best for me but there's one feature it lacks, namely the ability to edit multiple files at once.

I know there's the function of batch processing but that's not what I'm talking about.

In other editors I can create some effects rack, click 'Apply', it starts processing my file (or some fragment of a file that's currently opened) and then I can go to some other file and start playing or processing it. In Soundop, however, once I apply the filters, when this 'Please wait...' window pops up I can't do anything else, I have to wait until processing finishes and only then I can start editing other files.

Another thing that I find very useful and that I would like to have in Soundop is automatic phase rotation. From what I observed, it's not very common in audio editors, I only found something like this in Izotope's editor and Acoustica, and only in Acoustica this tool seems to work properly. Automatic phase rotation works in a way that reduces 'ups' and 'downs' in the waveform to eliminate issues with adjusting the loudness of the audio.

As I said, this feature seems to be not very commonly implemented in DAWs, in fact, I don't even know if there's a VST plugin capable of doing this.
(12-25-2023, 08:57 AM)Ivellios Wrote: I love working with Soundop. Since I switched from Adobe Audition to Soundop I'm absolutely amazed by how fast and flawlessly your software works.

Over the years I used a lot of audio editors, including Audition, Acoustica, Izotope's editor, etc. Soundop works the best for me but there's one feature it lacks, namely the ability to edit multiple files at once.

I know there's the function of batch processing but that's not what I'm talking about.

In other editors I can create some effects rack, click 'Apply', it starts processing my file (or some fragment of a file that's currently opened) and then I can go to some other file and start playing or processing it. In Soundop, however, once I apply the filters, when this 'Please wait...' window pops up I can't do anything else, I have to wait until processing finishes and only then I can start editing other files.

Another thing that I find very useful and that I would like to have in Soundop is automatic phase rotation. From what I observed, it's not very common in audio editors, I only found something like this in Izotope's editor and Acoustica, and only in Acoustica this tool seems to work properly. Automatic phase rotation works in a way that reduces 'ups' and 'downs' in the waveform to eliminate issues with adjusting the loudness of the audio.

As I said, this feature seems to be not very commonly implemented in DAWs, in fact, I don't even know if there's a VST plugin capable of doing this.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind words and suggestions.

We will try to improve the workflow and add the new tool in future versions.

Best regards.