Forums

ARA 2 support?
Hi there, 

Will there be ARA 2 support in the near future?
(09-27-2020, 05:10 AM)rotong Wrote: Hi there, 

Will there be ARA 2 support in the near future?

Hi,

We have no plan to support ARA 2 now.

Best regards.
Sad to hear! Will there be more spectral editing functions in Soundop in the near future?
(09-27-2020, 12:39 PM)rotong Wrote: Sad to hear! Will there be more spectral editing functions in Soundop in the near future?

Hi,

We have plans to improve spectral editing. Do you have a feature list that you prefer to have?

Thanks.
Best regards.
(09-28-2020, 05:06 AM)ivosight Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 12:39 PM)rotong Wrote: Sad to hear! Will there be more spectral editing functions in Soundop in the near future?

Hi,

We have plans to improve spectral editing. Do you have a feature list that you prefer to have?

Thanks.
Best regards.

Some suggestions: 

More selection options ie brush selection incl. brush settings
Erase tools with gain amount settings   
Repair/healing tools 
More professional copy & paste tools would be nice too!
(09-28-2020, 05:38 AM)rotong Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.
Best regards.

Some suggestions: 

Repair/healing tools 

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Not so sure about your preference for repair/healing tools and professional copy/paste. Could you give more detail?

Best regards.
(09-29-2020, 02:31 PM)ivosight Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.
Best regards.

Some suggestions: 

Repair/healing tools 

Hi,

Not so sure about your preference for repair/healing tools and professional copy/paste. Could you give more detail?

Best regards.
Hi there,

I suppose you could look at apps like Izotope RX7/8 or Steinberg/Sony Spectralayers and examine some features like erase, copy/paste and repair/healing. I think that these are the most useful functions for spectral editing. In any case I use them a lot to enhance my sample libraries. I find Soundop a great app but I want to work just with one app! I understand that it's impossible to implement all these great features and workflows from these apps but a few from them could raise Soundop to a next level!! Cheers...
(10-02-2020, 03:42 AM)rotong Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 02:31 PM)ivosight Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.
Best regards.

Some suggestions: 

Repair/healing tools 

Hi,

Best regards.
Hi there,

I suppose you could look at apps like Izotope RX7/8 or Steinberg/Sony Spectralayers and examine some features like erase, copy/paste and repair/healing. I think that these are the most useful functions for spectral editing. In any case I use them a lot to enhance my sample libraries. I find Soundop a great app but I want to work just with one app! I understand that it's impossible to implement all these great features and workflows from these apps but a few from them could raise Soundop to a next level!! Cheers...

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

We will check that and add more features.

Best regards.
This is a wonderful program. I am most grateful for your efforts. I purchased today after only a few minutes with the demo.

I would agree that additional spectral editing tools would be very helpful.

In using other programs, I have often wondered about how difficult it would be to implement a separate/different right click context menu for the waveform and spectral views which contained elements specific to those views.

I find myself using spectral editing most commonly for four functions:

1. Click removal. Generally, the clicks I "erase", "brush", or "magic wand" are brief but usually higher on the frequency spectrum. Sometimes dragging the mouse to cover them is rather inexact based on hand movement with the mouse.
2. Plosive reduction or removal. Generally, these are more low frequency in content, and require "brushing" very close to the bottom of the spectral view.
3. Sibilance taming. Often, after a light de-essing pass with a plugin, there are still a couple of stray esses that need slightly more reduction, and simply brushing them and reducing a few db does the trick.
4. Whistle removal. Some performers have this problem where they whistle a bit. These whistles are in a slightly different frequency area than sibilance, and often have more horizontal breadth that simple sibilants.

Thank you again for Soundop.

Some spectral tools look at the unaffected area immediately surrounding the problem area and seem to import that spectral character to cover the problem when the tool is applied. Then there are the times when it is necessary to either mute the highlighted/selected area, or reduce the volume by a certain db value.

I do use a selectable size "brush" tool most commonly because it gives the most control over how/where it is applied.
(10-23-2020, 10:15 AM)bobmic Wrote: This is a wonderful program.  I am most grateful for your efforts.  I purchased today after only a few minutes with the demo.

I would agree that additional spectral editing tools would be very helpful.

In using other programs, I have often wondered about how difficult it would be to implement a separate/different right click context menu for the waveform and spectral views which contained elements specific to those views.

I find myself using spectral editing most commonly for four functions:

1. Click removal.  Generally, the clicks I "erase", "brush", or "magic wand" are brief but usually higher on the frequency spectrum.  Sometimes dragging the mouse to cover them is rather inexact based on hand movement with the mouse.
2. Plosive reduction or removal.  Generally, these are more low frequency in content, and require "brushing" very close to the bottom of the spectral view.
3. Sibilance taming.  Often, after a light de-essing pass with a plugin, there are still a couple of stray esses that need slightly more reduction, and simply brushing them and reducing a few db does the trick.
4. Whistle removal.  Some performers have this problem where they whistle a bit.  These whistles are in a slightly different frequency area than sibilance, and often have more horizontal breadth that simple sibilants.

Thank you again for Soundop. 

Some spectral tools look at the unaffected area immediately surrounding the problem area and seem to import that spectral character to cover the problem when the tool is applied.  Then there are the times when it is necessary to either mute the highlighted/selected area, or reduce the volume by a certain db value.

I do use a selectable size "brush" tool most commonly because it gives the most control over how/where it is applied.

Hi,

Thanks.

And your professional remarks are very beneficial to us. We will add the spectral tools to our priority list.

Best regards.