Forums

Realtime SRC?
Any plans to implement real-time sample rate conversion? I tend to work with lots of mixed sample rates within a single project. It's the only thing currently keeping me from purchasing Soundop.
(11-02-2023, 10:41 AM)KCO Wrote: Any plans to implement real-time sample rate conversion? I tend to work with lots of mixed sample rates within a single project. It's the only thing currently keeping me from purchasing Soundop.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you mean to keep the original sample rate when adding audio files to mixspace and perform the sample rate conversion in real time when playing? We are not sure about the advantages of this mode. Do you know any DAW work in that way?

Thank you.
(11-03-2023, 06:53 AM)ivosight Wrote: Do you mean to keep the original sample rate when adding audio files to mixspace and perform the sample rate conversion in real time when playing? We are not sure about the advantages of this mode. Do you know any DAW work in that way?

Yes, for it to do SRC on the fly when dragging new audio into a project and during playback. Reaper and Sound Forge both come to mind. I believe they use r8brain and SoX, both free on github, and high quality sample rate conversion. Hope you guys can add this in the future. Thanks!
(11-04-2023, 10:14 AM)KCO Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 06:53 AM)ivosight Wrote: Do you mean to keep the original sample rate when adding audio files to mixspace and perform the sample rate conversion in real time when playing? We are not sure about the advantages of this mode. Do you know any DAW work in that way?

Yes, for it to do SRC on the fly when dragging new audio into a project and during playback. Reaper and Sound Forge both come to mind. I believe they use r8brain and SoX, both free on github, and high quality sample rate conversion. Hope you guys can add this in the future. Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the elaboration. We have released a new version with an option for mixing sample rates in a mixspace. Please check it out.

Best regards.