Forums

Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing
(12-22-2022, 12:45 AM)ivosight Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 04:39 AM)visusys Wrote: Ahhh! I completely missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, there is one drawback.

When I disable a channel, I no longer hear it. (Only get sound in one ear). I know this logically makes sense because the channel is disabled and thus muted, however a lot of times you want to hear both channels when adjusting one channel (to ensure an even balance / stereo image).

Here's a simple use case:

I want to automate the volume of the left channel to conform to the right channel. If I disable the right channel and can't hear it anymore, I have no way of telling if the mix (stereo image) is balanced other than by eye. Or repeatedly enabling/disabling the channel after each adjustment. I know I can normalize stereo channels independently to a specific volume, but that doesn't hold water when you need to make precision envelope edits and/or more complex processing.

Is it possible for your team to implement a feature that allows for auditioning both channels while applying effects or processing only one channel?

Hopefully this makes some sense.

Right now I have my External Editor 1 set to SoundForge for this specific use-case. I'd REALLY like to drop Sound Forge once and for all.

Best,
Jay

Hi,

We have released a new version with an option to play disabled channels in the wave editor. Please check it out.

Best regards.

Ahhhhh! OMG! Smile

Thank you for adding that so quickly! You guys are the best!

Jay

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing - by visusys - 12-22-2022, 10:48 AM