Forums

Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing
(12-18-2022, 03:50 PM)visusys Wrote: Maybe this is already built in, but I can't find it. Is there a way to select ONLY the left or right channels, and then apply effects or processing to the selected channel?

Like, right now I have a drum sample that is not centered in the stereo field. I'd like to select the left channel and apply gain, or a volume envelope to it. Maybe even a VST effect.

This is something Sound Forge (and other editors like Ocenaudio) has had for years, I'm really hoping this can be done with Soundop.

I think it would be easy to implement channel selection by simply measuring the mouse position at the start of the drag operation. See this video from Ocenaudio where I demonstrate what I mean:

https://i.imgur.com/zItI5Lv.mp4

I don't have a copy of Sound Forge on hand, but it works the same way.

Is there any chance this could be implemented? I really appreciate the consideration.

PS: I just got around to buying Soundop and I'm loving it! The fact you guys are so receptive to user feedback is amazing. In another thread I asked for VST favorites organization and renaming and you literally delivered the feature in a few days. You guys are awesome.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

To disable channels, you can click the buttons in the waveform editor or use keyboard shortcuts.

Best regards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing - by ivosight - 12-18-2022, 08:42 PM