Forums

Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing
Maybe this is already built in, but I can't find it. Is there a way to select ONLY the left or right channels, and then apply effects or processing to the selected channel?

Like, right now I have a drum sample that is not centered in the stereo field. I'd like to select the left channel and apply gain, or a volume envelope to it. Maybe even a VST effect.

This is something Sound Forge (and other editors like Ocenaudio) has had for years, I'm really hoping this can be done with Soundop.

I think it would be easy to implement channel selection by simply measuring the mouse position at the start of the drag operation. See this video from Ocenaudio where I demonstrate what I mean:

https://i.imgur.com/zItI5Lv.mp4

I don't have a copy of Sound Forge on hand, but it works the same way.

Is there any chance this could be implemented? I really appreciate the consideration.

PS: I just got around to buying Soundop and I'm loving it! The fact you guys are so receptive to user feedback is amazing. In another thread I asked for VST favorites organization and renaming and you literally delivered the feature in a few days. You guys are awesome.

Messages In This Thread
Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing - by visusys - 12-18-2022, 03:50 PM