Forums

Problems and suggestions encountered in the trial soundop
I stumbled upon soundop and it is currently being tested. It feels faster to start than Audition and has its own advantages.

Now let’s talk about the problems and suggestions encountered in use: (Compared with Auditon)

Software version 1.8.6.2

1. (Derector tool) detects the silent and non-silent part of the audio file (img 1),
After the markup is done, all the marks on the markup page are messed up.(img 2)
img 1

img 2

Suggestions about software:
(I am a voice engineer for toy ic, and I have to process a lot of audio every day, so I need to improve my work efficiency as much as possible)

1: Can the button to adjust the volume be made a shortcut button on the audio interface like the audio interface. (Audition img3)
img3

2: The file name shows too little information and is not intuitive enough, which will reduce work efficiency. We may process hundreds of audio files every day. (Audition picture 4, our software img4_1)
img4

img4_1

3: The processing accuracy of the bit depth of the toy ic we use is 8bit or 16bit, so we hope to add the

choice of bit depth in the interface of this software to convert the sampling rate, (audition img5, our

software img5_1)

img5

img5_1

4: In the status display column in the lower right corner, there is no bit depth information, I hope to

add it. (Audition img6, our img6_1)

img6

img6_1

Attached Files Image(s)

The picture of img6 is wrong, the one below is, there is no bit depth
img6

(12-15-2021, 10:54 PM)18216239004 Wrote: I stumbled upon soundop and it is currently being tested. It feels faster to start than Audition and has its own advantages.

Now let’s talk about the problems and suggestions encountered in use: (Compared with Auditon)

Software version 1.8.6.2

1. (Derector tool) detects the silent and non-silent part of the audio file (img 1),
After the markup is done, all the marks on the markup page are messed up.(img 2)
img 1

img 2

Hi,

Thank you very much.

We have fixed the bug and released a new version. Please check it out.

Best regards.
(12-16-2021, 07:32 PM)18216239004 Wrote: Suggestions about software:
(I am a voice engineer for toy ic, and I have to process a lot of audio every day, so I need to improve my work efficiency as much as possible)

1: Can the button to adjust the volume be made a shortcut button on the audio interface like the audio interface. (Audition img3)
img3

2: The file name shows too little information and is not intuitive enough, which will reduce work efficiency. We may process hundreds of audio files every day. (Audition picture 4, our software img4_1)
img4

img4_1

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1.You can keep the effect window after applying.

2.You can see the properties of files in the Properties panel.

Welcome your further suggestions.

Best regards.
(12-16-2021, 07:37 PM)18216239004 Wrote: 3: The processing accuracy of the bit depth of the toy ic we use is 8bit or 16bit, so we hope to add the

choice of bit depth in the interface of this software to convert the sampling rate, (audition img5, our

software img5_1)

img5

img5_1

4: In the status display column in the lower right corner, there is no bit depth information, I hope to

add it. (Audition img6, our img6_1)

img6

img6_1

Hi,

Soundop does all internal processing of audio files with 32-bit precision. And you can find the bit depth of the source format in the Properties panel.

Best regards.
(12-16-2021, 08:45 PM)ivosight Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:32 PM)18216239004 Wrote: Suggestions about software:

img3

img4

img4_1

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1.You can keep the effect window after applying.

2.You can see the properties of files in the Properties panel.

Welcome your further suggestions.

Best regards.
I know that there is a property panel, if I only deal with a small amount of audio files, there is no problem. But my work determines that I need to process a lot of audio files every day, maybe hundreds of them, so I need to see this information very intuitively to improve work efficiency. I hope you can adopt my suggestion, thank you!
This is just a project of my company. We have to deal with many such audio files every day, so efficiency is very important. There is also the issue of modifying the bit depth, I hope to adopt it! Thanks!

bit depth

(12-16-2021, 09:44 PM)18216239004 Wrote: This is just a project of my company. We have to deal with many such audio files every day, so efficiency is very important. There is also the issue of modifying the bit depth, I hope to adopt it! Thanks!

bit depth

Hi,

You can set the bit depth when you save the wave file.

To convert the format of multiple files, you can use the batch processor.

We will consider showing more properties of audio files. Can you specify which properties are required?

And maybe we could add a command to do dithering and change the bit depth to save for wave or other uncompressed files if that's helpful.

We are glad to make Soundop more efficient. Please feel free to send us suggestions.

Best regards.