Forums

User help requested
Hello all,

I recently downloaded Soundop as a possible Audacity replacement. I really like what I've seen so far, but there is one critical ability in Audacity that I haven't found in Soundop. (I'm hoping that's my inability to find it, even with some searches of the manual, rather than the lack of a feature.) If I can find it, I'm confident that I'll make the switch, as Soundop seems very user friendly and I need something that uses much less drive space. (I'm a teacher who podcasts as a hobby, and I record up to a year in advance and edit in batches during school breaks.)

In Audacity, I can edit three files simultaneously, with one file per speaker. (It's usually two speakers, but we sometimes have guests.) I can see all on the display, and mute keyboard clicks and the like in one track without affecting the other two. I'm trying that in Soundop, and I only seem to be able to see them simultaneously in the mixspace, which doesn't have the editing tools (mostly "silence", copy, and paste) accessible. I can only access them in the audio file editor, in which case I can only see one at a time. 

I could do most of these if I could even load this as a stereo file, one speaker per ear, since 95% of our podcasts are just the two of us. When I try it that way, muting the left channel also seems to mute the right.

Please tell me: am I missing something? I'd love to know.
(02-12-2024, 08:15 PM)fiziko42 Wrote: Hello all,

I recently downloaded Soundop as a possible Audacity replacement. I really like what I've seen so far, but there is one critical ability in Audacity that I haven't found in Soundop. (I'm hoping that's my inability to find it, even with some searches of the manual, rather than the lack of a feature.) If I can find it, I'm confident that I'll make the switch, as Soundop seems very user friendly and I need something that uses much less drive space. (I'm a teacher who podcasts as a hobby, and I record up to a year in advance and edit in batches during school breaks.)

In Audacity, I can edit three files simultaneously, with one file per speaker. (It's usually two speakers, but we sometimes have guests.) I can see all on the display, and mute keyboard clicks and the like in one track without affecting the other two. I'm trying that in Soundop, and I only seem to be able to see them simultaneously in the mixspace, which doesn't have the editing tools (mostly "silence", copy, and paste) accessible. I can only access them in the audio file editor, in which case I can only see one at a time. 

I could do most of these if I could even load this as a stereo file, one speaker per ear, since 95% of our podcasts are just the two of us. When I try it that way, muting the left channel also seems to mute the right.

Please tell me: am I missing something? I'd love to know.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Soundop supports recording from multiple recording devices simultaneously in mixspace. You can play tracks on different channels if you set the output device to ASIO. You can edit audio clips in mixspace and export each track separately.

To display multiple audio files simultaneously, maybe you can open a file in a new window.

You can mute a channel by disabling it in the audio file editor.

Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.

Best regards.