Forums

Another suggestion/request...
I would be nice to have the possibility to devide/cut audio files into customizable frequency ranges and insert them automatically into a mixspace to adjust the seperate levels or apply certain effects improving the overal mix.  

I believe that Adobe Audition has such a feature....

Best regards.
I cancelled my Creative Cloud subscription! Yay!

A couple of things.

1. Would it be possible, when applying effects, to be able to use the Enter key to apply as well as a mouse click on the Apply button? Any time I can save a click and use the keyboard is a good thing.

2. Some of my VST3's, in particular Melda, make it possible for you to manually enter values for various things. Yes, there is also an on-screen keypad that accompanies these functions where you can mouse click to change the value, but I have noticed that not every key on my keyboard's keypad works when typing values. Originally, I thought maybe if something was assigned a keyboard shortcut and that key was in use, it would prevent entering a value. However, that turns out to not be true. Is it possible to restore the entire keypad and backspace key to manually enter values when in an effect? Yes, I did check num lock. Smile

I simply cannot express my appreciation enough for what you have created with SoundOp. Thank you.
(10-27-2020, 05:22 AM)bobmic Wrote: I cancelled my Creative Cloud subscription!  Yay!

A couple of things.

1.  Would it be possible, when applying effects, to be able to use the Enter key to apply as well as a mouse click on the Apply button?  Any time I can save a click and use the keyboard is a good thing.

2.  Some of my VST3's, in particular Melda, make it possible for you to manually enter values for various things.  Yes, there is also an on-screen keypad that accompanies these functions where you can mouse click to change the value, but I have noticed that not every key on my keyboard's keypad works when typing values.  Originally, I thought maybe if something was assigned a keyboard shortcut and that key was in use, it would prevent entering a value.  However, that turns out to not be true.  Is it possible to restore the entire keypad and backspace key to manually enter values when in an effect?  Yes, I did check num lock. Smile

I simply cannot express my appreciation enough for what you have created with SoundOp.  Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

We have released a new version that will automatically set focus to the apply button when applying effects and include a workaround for the Melda plugins. Please check whether it works well for you.

Best regards.
(10-26-2020, 04:24 PM)rotong Wrote: I would be nice to have the possibility to devide/cut audio files into customizable frequency ranges and insert them automatically into a mixspace to adjust the seperate levels or apply certain effects improving the overal mix.  

I believe that Adobe Audition has such a feature....

Best regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will add it to our list.

Best regards.
(10-29-2020, 06:44 AM)ivosight Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 05:22 AM)bobmic Wrote: I cancelled my Creative Cloud subscription!  Yay!

A couple of things.

1.  Would it be possible, when applying effects, to be able to use the Enter key to apply as well as a mouse click on the Apply button?  Any time I can save a click and use the keyboard is a good thing.

2.  Some of my VST3's, in particular Melda, make it possible for you to manually enter values for various things.  Yes, there is also an on-screen keypad that accompanies these functions where you can mouse click to change the value, but I have noticed that not every key on my keyboard's keypad works when typing values.  Originally, I thought maybe if something was assigned a keyboard shortcut and that key was in use, it would prevent entering a value.  However, that turns out to not be true.  Is it possible to restore the entire keypad and backspace key to manually enter values when in an effect?  Yes, I did check num lock. Smile

I simply cannot express my appreciation enough for what you have created with SoundOp.  Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

We have released a new version that will automatically set focus to the apply button when applying effects and include a workaround for the Melda plugins. Please check whether it works well for you.

Best regards.
It is PERFECT!!!!  Thank you most sincerely!

Can I ask about the Marquee Tool please?  I know you are working on more extensive Spectral Tools as you have told us before.  Until they emerge, I have been using the Marquee Tool, and have grown to like very much the ability to draw a neat square around a trouble spot, then apply a process to correct that area.  I have found that it is easy to surround a click, odd resonance, whistle, etc., then decide how to proceed.  I wonder if some basic things might be added to facilitate things, and avoid mousing and keystrokes.

Under Options -> Preferences, could a Marquee Tool option be added with some possibilities for what could *automatically* happen with that tool when an area is defined?  The possibilities might be:

When Marquee Area is selected:
1.  Do Nothing (this would allow the user to then manually choose whatever effect they want to apply with the selection)
2. Adjust Volume of Selection (this might give the ability to assign a certain +/- db value...I would suggest a range of +/-15db, or simply allow the user to choose within practical limits), so that the selection can be raised or lowered.
3. Silence or Mute Selection
4. Import Area Immediately Before or Following selection (this would allow the few milliseconds of spectral character from the defined area to be imported/copied to the selection from the same frequency region)  I realize this one is complicated from an execution standpoint.

Alternately, I suspect that some might like to have a right click context menu that only appeared when there is a Marquee area selected, where their selection remains the same through multiple operations unless changed by the user, although I fully realize that the unique context menu approach might not be viable from a programming standpoint.

Here's another thing.  Some users are working with dual or triple monitor systems.  I personally like to open processing tools in another window on another monitor so that I can more easily see what happens with the waveform.  Soundop seems to want to only open the processor over the main screen.  Once we move that processing screen, would it be possible for Soundop to remember that location so that the next time it is called up it will automatically open there?  And can the ESC key be set to always close an open processor/plugin window when struck?

Also, I think it would be wise to see the .pdf of the Soundop User Manual available in the download area.  Speaking only for myself, before purchasing a product, I often read the manual cover to cover to gain a better understanding of the scope of the product.  I'll bet I'm not the only one though, and having it easily accessible might help satisfy their curiosity and motivate them to purchase.

Keyboard shortcuts.  Love them.  I have found that the F1 key is captured, not just for simple F1=Help, but for ANY combination.  I don't mind having F1 as Help permanently, but would like to be able to assign Shift+F1, Alt+F1, etc.

I *LOVE* Soundop!  So long, Audition.  It's not you, it's me. Smile
(10-30-2020, 08:50 AM)bobmic Wrote:

A couple of things.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Can I ask about the Marquee Tool please?  I know you are working on more extensive Spectral Tools as you have told us before.  Until they emerge, I have been using the Marquee Tool, and have grown to like very much the ability to draw a neat square around a trouble spot, then apply a process to correct that area.  I have found that it is easy to surround a click, odd resonance, whistle, etc., then decide how to proceed.  I wonder if some basic things might be added to facilitate things, and avoid mousing and keystrokes.

Under Options -> Preferences, could a Marquee Tool option be added with some possibilities for what could *automatically* happen with that tool when an area is defined?  The possibilities might be:

1.  Do Nothing (this would allow the user to then manually choose whatever effect they want to apply with the selection)
2. Adjust Volume of Selection (this might give the ability to assign a certain +/- db value...I would suggest a range of +/-15db, or simply allow the user to choose within practical limits), so that the selection can be raised or lowered.
4. Import Area Immediately Before or Following selection (this would allow the few milliseconds of spectral character from the defined area to be imported/copied to the selection from the same frequency region)  I realize this one is complicated from an execution standpoint.

Alternately, I suspect that some might like to have a right click context menu that only appeared when there is a Marquee area selected, where their selection remains the same through multiple operations unless changed by the user, although I fully realize that the unique context menu approach might not be viable from a programming standpoint.

Here's another thing.  Some users are working with dual or triple monitor systems.  I personally like to open processing tools in another window on another monitor so that I can more easily see what happens with the waveform.  Soundop seems to want to only open the processor over the main screen.  Once we move that processing screen, would it be possible for Soundop to remember that location so that the next time it is called up it will automatically open there?  And can the ESC key be set to always close an open processor/plugin window when struck?

Also, I think it would be wise to see the .pdf of the Soundop User Manual available in the download area.  Speaking only for myself, before purchasing a product, I often read the manual cover to cover to gain a better understanding of the scope of the product.  I'll bet I'm not the only one though, and having it easily accessible might help satisfy their curiosity and motivate them to purchase.

Keyboard shortcuts.  Love them.  I have found that the F1 key is captured, not just for simple F1=Help, but for ANY combination.  I don't mind having F1 as Help permanently, but would like to be able to assign Shift+F1, Alt+F1, etc.

Hi,

We have released a new version for your problems with the F1 key for keyboard shortcuts, Esc key to close processing tools window, and remember the window position of processing tools. Please check it out.

We understand your request for the Marquee tool, and we will find a way to implement that.

It is possible to have a unique menu when a marquee area is selected, but we are unsure about the menu's commands and organization.

The pdf version of the user manual is in preparation.

Thank you very much.
Best regards.
(11-02-2020, 03:13 PM)ivosight Wrote:

A couple of things.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Hi,

We have released a new version for your problems with the F1 key for keyboard shortcuts, Esc key to close processing tools window, and remember the window position of processing tools. Please check it out.

We understand your request for the Marquee tool, and we will find a way to implement that.

It is possible to have a unique menu when a marquee area is selected, but we are unsure about the menu's commands and organization.

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Thank you so very much!!  Your responsiveness is unsurpassed, and deeply appreciated!  

After thinking through our exchange and considering things more deeply, I could very well be quite wrong about part of what I have asked for.  Let me try to explain.

Speaking only for myself and my editing life, I am always seeking to simplify and streamline operations.  With that in mind, I think the Marquee Tool should automatically apply whatever operation is currently assigned to it once the area has been selected and our finger is released from the left mouse button.  The assignment of the operation type doesn't necessarily have to be a right click mouse operation within the Marquee selection, and having that might, in practice, be overly complicated or confusing.  Other editors have a separate tool menu in the interface where this selection is made, for example, which is perfectly fine.  Perhaps a general right click in the spectral view might also lead to the assignment choices, but this is where I shut up and allow your wisdom and skill as a programmer to prevail.

I sincerely apologize for not thinking it through before I typed.  There is no need to respond to this.  Thank you, most kindly, for your consideration.
(11-03-2020, 03:55 AM)bobmic Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 03:13 PM)ivosight Wrote:

A couple of things.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Hi,

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Thank you so very much!!  Your responsiveness is unsurpassed, and deeply appreciated!  

After thinking through our exchange and considering things more deeply, I could very well be quite wrong about part of what I have asked for.  Let me try to explain.

Speaking only for myself and my editing life, I am always seeking to simplify and streamline operations.  With that in mind, I think the Marquee Tool should automatically apply whatever operation is currently assigned to it once the area has been selected and our finger is released from the left mouse button.  The assignment of the operation type doesn't necessarily have to be a right click mouse operation within the Marquee selection, and having that might, in practice, be overly complicated or confusing.  Other editors have a separate tool menu in the interface where this selection is made, for example, which is perfectly fine.  Perhaps a general right click in the spectral view might also lead to the assignment choices, but this is where I shut up and allow your wisdom and skill as a programmer to prevail.

I sincerely apologize for not thinking it through before I typed.  There is no need to respond to this.  Thank you, most kindly, for your consideration.

Thanks for your explanation. You are welcome! Smile