Forums

Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing
(12-19-2022, 04:39 AM)visusys Wrote: Ahhh! I completely missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, there is one drawback.

When I disable a channel, I no longer hear it. (Only get sound in one ear). I know this logically makes sense because the channel is disabled and thus muted, however a lot of times you want to hear both channels when adjusting one channel (to ensure an even balance / stereo image).

Here's a simple use case:

I want to automate the volume of the left channel to conform to the right channel. If I disable the right channel and can't hear it anymore, I have no way of telling if the mix (stereo image) is balanced other than by eye. Or repeatedly enabling/disabling the channel after each adjustment. I know I can normalize stereo channels independently to a specific volume, but that doesn't hold water when you need to make precision envelope edits and/or more complex processing.

Is it possible for your team to implement a feature that allows for auditioning both channels while applying effects or processing only one channel?

Hopefully this makes some sense.

Right now I have my External Editor 1 set to SoundForge for this specific use-case. I'd REALLY like to drop Sound Forge once and for all.

Best,
Jay

Hi,

We have released a new version with an option to play disabled channels in the wave editor. Please check it out.

Best regards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing - by ivosight - 12-22-2022, 12:45 AM