Forums

Suggestions and Mockups for Improving VST Favorites
I am just now trying out Soundop and I'm absolutely loving it. It's way more capable than Sound Forge (What I was using previously). As soon as I get paid I'll definitely end up becoming a customer.

However, there are some frustrations with the way VST favorites are currently being handled in my opinion. So I put together some ideas and quick mock-ups. (I am a designer by trade so this was fun)

Here is what my favorites looks like now:

What a mess. Here are my suggestions:

1. Let us rename plugins! This is an area where Sound Forge actually excels. A lot of times the actual name of the VST is kind of obscure, or doesn't include the company that created it in the name, etc. For instance, I have a lot of Waves plugins, and I'd like to prefix all my waves plugins with "Waves" so they are grouped together in the list and quickly recognizable. Here is a simple mockup that demonstrates what I mean:

2. Please, let us create categories/folders within the "Favorites" folder. I have my own system for organizing my plugins, and I'm sure others have their own systems as well. Just having a single folder with a massive dump of plugins is, TBH, somewhat useless. Being able to create, populate, and name subfolders would be a game-changer. This is the mock-up I spent the most time on because I feel like it would add the most value:

I also took some small design liberties. I revamped the folder icons, darkened the background, and added three new buttons to the top right of the effects panel (Rename, New Folder, and Delete Folder). I also demonstrate what should happen when a plugin favorite is selected. There is a new delete button on the right of the selection to quickly remove the selected plugin from favorites if desired.

Anyway, that's all for now. I think just these two changes (VST Renaming, and the ability to organize our favorites folder) would elevate Soundop's usability much further.

Thanks so much for reading.

If I think of any more improvements I'll be sure to post them here.

Best regards.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions and Mockups for Improving VST Favorites - by visusys - 11-30-2022, 07:05 PM