Forums

some feature suggestions
(03-16-2022, 12:44 PM)balanced Wrote: Found a bug: When auto-play is on for browser and audio file is first previewed and then stopped the preview playback starts again without intervention if you start audio playback on another, external audio player. This happened to me while using foobar2000 and AIMP and I had Soundop open on the background.

Hi,

We have fixed the problem in the latest version.

Please check it out.

Best regards.
(03-16-2022, 01:31 PM)balanced Wrote: Another one: when fx rack is saved the fx active/inactive status is not saved with it. All effects are always on when fx rack is recalled.

Hi,

We have supported saving the active state of effects in the latest version.

Please check it out.

Best regards.
Thank you for all the updates again, super Smile

Concerning spectogram view in Mixspace, Please see how this is done in Reaper:

From Reaper options you can choose if you want to see spectogram, waveform, both or other views for tracks. There's also some spectral editing options integrated into track view in Reaper which I'm not familiar with, but I was mainly considering the option just to view your sound files as spectogram. I was wondering if it would be convenient to integrate into Mixspace as you already have it working in individual file editing mode. 

Cheers Smile
(03-30-2022, 02:16 AM)balanced Wrote: Thank you for all the updates again, super Smile

Concerning spectogram view in Mixspace, Please see how this is done in Reaper:

From Reaper options you can choose if you want to see spectogram, waveform, both or other views for tracks. There's also some spectral editing options integrated into track view in Reaper which I'm not familiar with, but I was mainly considering the option just to view your sound files as spectogram. I was wondering if it would be convenient to integrate into Mixspace as you already have it working in individual file editing mode. 

Cheers Smile

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

We have added options to display clip spectrogram in the latest version. Please check it out.

Best regards.
I've been away for a while and you have released again great updates. Thanks for listening the users and for your continuous support. Have a great summer Smile
(07-04-2022, 03:03 AM)balanced Wrote: I've been away for a while and you have released again great updates. Thanks for listening the users and for your continuous support. Have a great summer Smile

Thank you. Smile
very useful information. Thank you
Hi again,

I'm working on an audio mastering project for video again and trying to use Soundop for that. I thought I'd share some findings / suggestions.

As it's not possible yet to send midi time code from Soundop in order to sync an external computer running video, I tried to use the internal video function for playing video in sync with my audio. There is however no option to set a custom offset (positive or negative) for the the video file, so I cant use imported video with my mixing session.

Would it be hard to make an option for custom video offset? So you could input a precise amount of time (negative or positive) which would adjust the video playback time in relation to mixspace audio time?

Cheers,

Antti
I also noticed that after using the mixspace for a while, video playback starts to struggle badly. When you open the mixspace and press playback, video plays quite fine, but after stopping playback and playing from other timeline location, video playback starts to chop. This actually happened last time too when I tried using video. For me at least Soundop seems more stable if I keep video window docked somewhere in the main window panels. If I place it separately to an external display then I get crashes quite often. Not sure though if this has anything to do with my setup and external usb3 touchscreen.

I'll attach a screen capture of the video codec properties I'm having problems with. Anyhow the same behavior happened with another session earlier also.

Cheers.

Edit: If I close the mixspace and open again, video playback works first normally again. Moving the playhead and starting playback from different locations seems to be the thing that makes video playback struggle. When it starts to really struggle I only see pretty much changing freezed frames for 1 sec at a time.
(09-29-2022, 05:27 AM)balanced Wrote: Hi again,

I'm working on an audio mastering project for video again and trying to use Soundop for that. I thought I'd share some findings / suggestions.

As it's not possible yet to send midi time code from Soundop in order to sync an external computer running video, I tried to use the internal video function for playing video in sync with my audio. There is however no option to set a custom offset (positive or negative) for the the video file, so I cant use imported video with my mixing session.

Would it be hard to make an option for custom video offset? So you could input a precise amount of time (negative or positive) which would adjust the video playback time in relation to mixspace audio time?

Cheers,

Antti

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

We will add the midi code support to our priority list. And we plan to add a video track to set the position of the video reference.

Best regards.