Forums

some feature suggestions
Purchased Soundop so I'll be making more suggestions later..
(01-10-2022, 10:52 AM)balanced Wrote: Purchased Soundop so I'll be making more suggestions later..

Smile Thanks, and welcome your suggestions.
I´m starting my first mastering project (with video) using Soundop to get more familiar with it.

One thing that I found immediately is that you can't group tracks in it I believe? I mean just visually set some tracks as subtracks for another (like folders inside folders). Of course routing could also follow this, so that the topmost track could become a buss for contained tracks. By grouping tracks you could also minimize or hide the contained tracks completely if topmost track is minimized. Would it be hard to implement this?

I get that you have already implemented bus tracks and you can route audio to those. What if bus tracks could also act as group tracks so that when you grab a track and drop it on top of a bus track it becomes a subtrack for that bus? The output routing for that track could be automatically set for that bus? I believe this way you could use bus tracks in traditional mixer kind of way as you have implemented it now, but also as track groups that work as busses. If busses inside busses would be enabled this would create even more freedom for the user.

When working with bigger sessions that include several versions of parts you work on this would be helpful. You could just quickly hide the things you don't need and you would find your tracks easily inside the busses, if required.

Another useful feature would be to enable activating and deactivating tracks. This can also work together with what I described above. In Bitwig this is implemented so that you can activate or deactivate tracks and track groups and select with just one button if all deactivated tracks/groups are shown or hidden. This way it's really easy to have shown only the tracks that you actually work on. You don't have to delete tracks if you want to just set them aside in case you have to go back to them.

Would implementing any of this seem useful to you, or would it break any existing functionality?

Cheers!
Also selecting several tracks at once (by control clicking single tracks or shift clicking an area of tracks) and operating on those together would be helpful. So you could adjust parameters (volume, pan etc.) for multiple tracks by selecting several tracks and then adjusting for example one volume pot on one of those tracks. The adjustements should be controlled in a relative way then though, so that the parameters of all tracks would't just jump to one value.

Another simple use for selecting several tracks at once would be to just deleting them together.
In addition to markers, regions with possibly color options would be useful
A panel for notes with basic text editing capabilities would be useful. For keeping track of your todo tasks for a project. One can use a separate document for this, but this would be convenient. Plus you could pass notes on easily if you hand over the project to another person.
Routing track/bus output to more hardware outputs than default "Output Device" in Mixspace would be more more than useful. It would also be great to be able to select individual tracks, busses or master track as input sources for tracks. Then one could for example arrange a separate headphone bus, use external hardware gear and create more complex routings. Dealing with feedback scenarios would be something to consider then of course.
(02-02-2022, 06:40 AM)balanced Wrote: A panel for notes with basic text editing capabilities would be useful. For keeping track of your todo tasks for a project. One can use a separate document for this, but this would be convenient. Plus you could pass notes on easily if you hand over the project to another person.

Thanks for the suggestion.

We will add this feature in future versions.
(02-02-2022, 06:25 AM)balanced Wrote: In addition to markers, regions with possibly color options would be useful

We have similar suggestions from other users and plan to add them in future versions. Thanks.
(02-02-2022, 04:22 AM)balanced Wrote: I´m starting my first mastering project (with video) using Soundop to get more familiar with it.

One thing that I found immediately is that you can't group tracks in it I believe? I mean just visually set some tracks as subtracks for another (like folders inside folders). Of course routing could also follow this, so that the topmost track could become a buss for contained tracks. By grouping tracks you could also minimize or hide the contained tracks completely if topmost track is minimized. Would it be hard to implement this?

I get that you have already implemented bus tracks and you can route audio to those. What if bus tracks could also act as group tracks so that when you grab a track and drop it on top of a bus track it becomes a subtrack for that bus? The output routing for that track could be automatically set for that bus? I believe this way you could use bus tracks in traditional mixer kind of way as you have implemented it now, but also as track groups that work as busses. If busses inside busses would be enabled this would create even more freedom for the user.

When working with bigger sessions that include several versions of parts you work on this would be helpful. You could just quickly hide the things you don't need and you would find your tracks easily inside the busses, if required.

Another useful feature would be to enable activating and deactivating tracks. This can also work together with what I described above. In Bitwig this is implemented so that you can activate or deactivate tracks and track groups and select with just one button if all deactivated tracks/groups are shown or hidden. This way it's really easy to have shown only the tracks that you actually work on. You don't have to delete tracks if you want to just set them aside in case you have to go back to them.

Would implementing any of this seem useful to you, or would it break any existing functionality?

Cheers!

Hi,

We have suggestions from other customers to add folder tracks, which is only a simple one to organize tracks. However, using bus tracks to group tracks may break something we already supported, such as side-chains and sends.

Thanks for the suggestion to activate and deactivate tracks. We will consider adding it.