Forums

Bug: Processors sometimes don't work and produce either empty or partial results.
I'm not exactly sure what's causing this, but occasionally when I run a processor it doesn't work correctly.

Sometimes it will return an empty audio file. Other times it will only process a part of the sound, despite the entire sound being selected. (And yes I have "Use Current Selection for Processing" enabled).

I've found that when I encounter this bug, if I run a different processor, undo, and then run the original processor I wanted, it will work. You can see this behavior in the video I posted.

Also, there are some bugs with various VST3 plugins that I've been using - but I can't figure out how to reliably reproduce the problems.

As an example, I use FabFilter Pro-Q 3 heavily. It's my go-to EQ. But sometimes it bugs out in Soundop in very strange ways.

For instance, sometimes, an EQ band won't work. Sometimes when I enable the dynamic EQ feature and then switch to a non-dynamic preset, it still "thinks" the band is dynamic and malfunctions. I'm sorry I can't give more information than this. I will make a separate post when I figure out how to reliably reproduce this bug.

Thanks for taking a look.
(01-12-2023, 08:55 PM)visusys Wrote: I'm not exactly sure what's causing this, but occasionally when I run a processor it doesn't work correctly.

Sometimes it will return an empty audio file. Other times it will only process a part of the sound, despite the entire sound being selected. (And yes I have "Use Current Selection for Processing" enabled).

I've found that when I encounter this bug, if I run a different processor, undo, and then run the original processor I wanted, it will work. You can see this behavior in the video I posted.

Also, there are some bugs with various VST3 plugins that I've been using - but I can't figure out how to reliably reproduce the problems.

As an example, I use FabFilter Pro-Q 3 heavily. It's my go-to EQ. But sometimes it bugs out in Soundop in very strange ways.

For instance, sometimes, an EQ band won't work. Sometimes when I enable the dynamic EQ feature and then switch to a non-dynamic preset, it still "thinks" the band is dynamic and malfunctions. I'm sorry I can't give more information than this. I will make a separate post when I figure out how to reliably reproduce this bug.

Thanks for taking a look.

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

We could not reproduce the bug. It is weird because Soundop creates a new instance of the effect each time when applying the effect.

Please feel free to contact us if you have new findings.

Best regards.