Forums

How can I normalize all regions at once?
This might sound like a stupid question but I can't find the option in the editor. How do you normalize each region in an audio file individually?

Example:

I want to normalize every region to 0db. Where can I do this?

Sorry for the rudimentary question.
(01-09-2023, 05:54 PM)visusys Wrote: This might sound like a stupid question but I can't find the option in the editor. How do you normalize each region in an audio file individually?

Example:

Hi,

Soundop does not support a command to normalize all regions individually now. Maybe we can add a command in the shortcuts menu of the Markers panel to support this feature. Is only normalizing required to apply to regions? Do you know other software that has a similar feature?

Thanks.
Best regards.
(01-13-2023, 01:29 AM)ivosight Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 05:54 PM)visusys Wrote: This might sound like a stupid question but I can't find the option in the editor. How do you normalize each region in an audio file individually?

Example:

Hi,

Soundop does not support a command to normalize all regions individually now. Maybe we can add a command in the shortcuts menu of the Markers panel to support this feature. Is only normalizing required to apply to regions? Do you know other software that has a similar feature?

Thanks.
Best regards.

Edison in FL Studio has it:

I've seen it in other software as well, but I forget which. It's a nice feature when slicing up beats and other rhythmic content. It's mostly useful when slicing up drums, because hey -you're going to end up normalizing each sample individually anyway.

It would also be welcome when slicing up raw recordings that will be used in multi-sampled instruments. That way you can ensure that each region has the same average loudness.

It's just a nice feature to have.
(01-13-2023, 02:01 AM)visusys Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 01:29 AM)ivosight Wrote:

Example:

Hi,

Thanks.
Best regards.

Edison in FL Studio has it:

I've seen it in other software as well, but I forget which. It's a nice feature when slicing up beats and other rhythmic content. It's mostly useful when slicing up drums, because hey -you're going to end up normalizing each sample individually anyway.

It would also be welcome when slicing up raw recordings that will be used in multi-sampled instruments. That way you can ensure that each region has the same average loudness.

It's just a nice feature to have.

Hi,

We have released a new version that supports normalizing ranges individually. Please check it out.

Best regards.
Wahooooo! You guys are the best! Downloading to check it out now. I still can't get over how responsive and open to feedback your development team is. I wish every software company was like Ivosight Heart
(01-16-2023, 11:28 AM)visusys Wrote: Wahooooo! You guys are the best! Downloading to check it out now. I still can't get over how responsive and open to feedback your development team is. I wish every software company was like Ivosight Heart

Thanks for your kind words. It's our pleasure to be responsive to customer requests. Smile