Forums

Feature request: Ability to select left or right channel only and apply processing
(12-22-2022, 02:01 PM)visusys Wrote: Ok, I just tried it out! Unfortunately it's not working correctly, or there is a bug.

If I disable a channel, and then add a gain envelope - the envelope preview is still being applied to the disabled channel. The whole point of this feature request was to adjust a single channel while keeping the other static (enabling things like stereo balancing tasks).

Here's a video that demonstrates the behavior:

https://streamable.com/2w57ri

Ideally, the disabled channel shouldn't react to any processing being applied. The behavior is also deceptive because when you do apply the effect, it (correctly) only applies it to the enabled channel.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks so much for your continued effort in improving SoundOp.

Jay

Hi,

We have fixed the problem in the latest version. Please check it out.

Best regards.
(12-22-2022, 02:50 PM)visusys Wrote: Also, I noticed you added F2 renaming for plugins AND fixed the bug where all folders would expand when you added a plugin. Thank you so so much for that!

I am going to be greedy and ask for another feature. It doesn't just benefit me but it improves your product offering anyway. Cool

Is there any way you can allow the same plugin to be placed in multiple locations/folders? A perfect example would be Cockos ReaFIR. It's a compressor, EQ, gate, and spectral modifying plugin that wears many hats.

I would like to have this plugin in both my EQ folder, Gate folder, Compression folder, etc. There are lots of instances where plugins fit in multiple categories and this would be a great feature to have.

I hate to keep referencing Sound Forge, but they handle this in a great way.

See this video where I add the plugin bx_boom from Plugin Alliance multiple times to the favorites:

https://streamable.com/sgkrwy

1. If there is already an instance of the plugin in the root folder, selecting "Add FX to Favorites" does nothing.
2. If there is an instance of the plugin in a subfolder, selecting "Add FX to Favorites" places the plugin in the root folder.
3. From there you can move it to another subfolder. Then you have that plugin in two locations.

I think this would be a great way to handle a feature like this. Basically:

1. Only add the plugin again if it doesn't exist in the root Favorite folder.
2. Do nothing if it already exists in the root folder.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Jay

Hi,

Adding an effect to multiple folders was already supported. We are sorry that we forget to explain the operation.

When you drag an effect from outside the favorite folders or drag from inside the favorite folder and hold the Ctrl key, the operation is "Copy," which will add a copy to the selected folder.

Best regards.
(12-23-2022, 12:08 AM)ivosight Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 02:50 PM)visusys Wrote: Also, I noticed you added F2 renaming for plugins AND fixed the bug where all folders would expand when you added a plugin. Thank you so so much for that!

I am going to be greedy and ask for another feature. It doesn't just benefit me but it improves your product offering anyway. Cool

Is there any way you can allow the same plugin to be placed in multiple locations/folders? A perfect example would be Cockos ReaFIR. It's a compressor, EQ, gate, and spectral modifying plugin that wears many hats.

I would like to have this plugin in both my EQ folder, Gate folder, Compression folder, etc. There are lots of instances where plugins fit in multiple categories and this would be a great feature to have.

I hate to keep referencing Sound Forge, but they handle this in a great way.

See this video where I add the plugin bx_boom from Plugin Alliance multiple times to the favorites:

https://streamable.com/sgkrwy

1. If there is already an instance of the plugin in the root folder, selecting "Add FX to Favorites" does nothing.
2. If there is an instance of the plugin in a subfolder, selecting "Add FX to Favorites" places the plugin in the root folder.
3. From there you can move it to another subfolder. Then you have that plugin in two locations.

I think this would be a great way to handle a feature like this. Basically:

1. Only add the plugin again if it doesn't exist in the root Favorite folder.
2. Do nothing if it already exists in the root folder.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Jay

Hi,

Adding an effect to multiple folders was already supported. We are sorry that we forget to explain the operation.

When you drag an effect from outside the favorite folders or drag from inside the favorite folder and hold the Ctrl key, the operation is "Copy," which will add a copy to the selected folder.

Best regards.

This is so awesome. Thank you so much for adding these features! Smile