Forums

2 bugs and 1 feature request
Hi and thank you very much for the fastest professional audio solution!

I use Soundop for more than a year and these 3 things drive me crazy.

1. [Feature] Add a Preferences button to the toolbar. Useful when the menu bar is hidden and no keyboard.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

2. [Bug] Make the menu bar stay hidden after restarts. Unhide it by the Alt key.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=257]

3. [Bug] Toolbar buttons reset after 2 restarts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=258]
(08-26-2022, 01:49 AM)Nickolay Wrote: Hi and thank you very much for the fastest professional audio solution!

I use Soundop for more than a year and these 3 things drive me crazy.

1. [Feature] Add a Preferences button to the toolbar. Useful when the menu bar is hidden and no keyboard.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

2. [Bug] Make the menu bar stay hidden after restarts. Unhide it by the Alt key.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=257]

3. [Bug] Toolbar buttons reset after 2 restarts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=258]

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions and bug reports.

We have released a new version that added the button to show the Preferences dialog. Please check it out.

The hidden state of the menu is not saved on purpose to avoid possible problems restoring the menu.

And we have tried but could not reproduce the problem with the toolbar. Could you try to reproduce it on another computer? Maybe it is a problem with the system registry.

Best regards.
Thank you very much for the Preferences button!  Rolleyes

As for the hidden state of the menu bar, I think there are 2 ways to avoid possible problems restoring the menu:

1. You can use the common industry convention. Use the Alt key by default to temporarily unhide the hidden menu bar. This approach is implemented in Firefox, Windows Media Player, Notepad++, Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, Internet Explorer, 3DS Max, TradeStation, etc. Users are not allowed to override this key binding.

2. Filter out non-experienced users. At the program start, check whether the user assigned a keyboard shortcut for the Show or Hide Menu Bar action. If yes, allow the menu bar to be hidden.
(08-30-2022, 12:31 AM)Nickolay Wrote: Thank you very much for the Preferences button!  Rolleyes

As for the hidden state of the menu bar, I think there are 2 ways to avoid possible problems restoring the menu:

1. You can use the common industry convention. Use the Alt key by default to temporarily unhide the hidden menu bar. This approach is implemented in Firefox, Windows Media Player, Notepad++, Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, Internet Explorer, 3DS Max, TradeStation, etc. Users are not allowed to override this key binding.

2. Filter out non-experienced users. At the program start, check whether the user assigned a keyboard shortcut for the Show or Hide Menu Bar action. If yes, allow the menu bar to be hidden.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

We have added an option to save the hidden state of the menu bar in the latest version. Please check it out.

Best regards.
Thank you so much!!!

(09-02-2022, 08:40 AM)Nickolay Wrote: Thank you so much!!!

Smile