Forums

Soundop does not detect my ASUS CD Burner
(04-12-2020, 07:40 AM)rotong Wrote: Hi there,

After the update still no active CD Burner in CD Project. The device is only visible to extract from CD. Sorry!
Regards.

Can you extract tracks from that CD burner?
Perhaps I'm saying something stupid but besides my job as a teacher in computer technology I've also been a system programmer myself, although in the far past, so I know a little from programming structures. In the meantime a lot has been changed regarding programming and languages though! I know that...

I've seen in a process monitor tool, monitoring Soundop, that this registry key is being consulted too: 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Ivosight\Soundop\Settings\CD Burning\Active Device 

Could it be that there has to remain a value inside of this key to indicate the active CDROM burn device? 
Just thinking!
(04-12-2020, 08:26 AM)rotong Wrote: Perhaps I'm saying something stupid but besides my job as a teacher in computer technology I've also been a system programmer myself, although in the far past, so I know a little from programming structures. In the meantime a lot has been changed regarding programming and languages though! I know that...

I've seen in a process monitor tool, monitoring Soundop, that this registry key is being consulted too: 

Could it be that there has to remain a value inside of this key to indicate the active CDROM burn device? 
Just thinking!

Hi,

Soundop requires the Write privilege when creating the CD-burning device; that's the only difference from creating devices for extracting audio tracks. If you can extract tracks from the CD driver, we can make some modifications to ignore the Write privilege and check if burning can still be successful.

Best regards.
(04-12-2020, 09:01 AM)ivosight Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 08:26 AM)rotong Wrote: Perhaps I'm saying something stupid but besides my job as a teacher in computer technology I've also been a system programmer myself, although in the far past, so I know a little from programming structures. In the meantime a lot has been changed regarding programming and languages though! I know that...

Just thinking!

Hi,

Soundop requires the Write privilege when creating the CD-burning device; that's the only difference from creating devices for extracting audio tracks. If you can extract tracks from the CD driver, we can make some modifications to ignore the Write privilege and check if burning can still be successful.

Best regards.
That would be great!
(04-13-2020, 02:38 AM)rotong Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 09:01 AM)ivosight Wrote:

Just thinking!

Hi,

Best regards.
That would be great!

Hi,

We have sent you a test version by mail to identify the problem. Please check it out.

Thanks.
Best regards.
Hi there,

Just tested this version. If I push the button "Burn to CD"  I get the following message: 

get mode parameter failed

No drive appears in the Burn Audio CD dialog!

Regards!
(04-13-2020, 05:57 AM)rotong Wrote: Hi there,

Just tested this version. If I push the button "Burn to CD"  I get the following message: 

Regards!

Thanks.

It helps. We will try to identify the problem.

Best regards.

Regards!

Hi,

It seems your CD driver only working with ASPI (Advanced SCSI Programming Interface) and does not support SPTI (SCSI Pass Through Interface), and we are not going to write a drive to support ASPI as Nero. 

Sorry about that.

Best regards.
(04-13-2020, 07:45 PM)ivosight Wrote:

Regards!

Hi,

It seems your CD driver only working with ASPI (Advanced SCSI Programming Interface) and does not support SPTI (SCSI Pass Through Interface), and we are not going to write a drive to support ASPI as Nero. 

Sorry about that.

Best regards.

You mean to get it work I should buy another CD/DVD Drive?
(04-14-2020, 01:47 AM)rotong Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 07:45 PM)ivosight Wrote:

Regards!

Hi,

Sorry about that.

Best regards.

You mean to get it work I should buy another CD/DVD Drive?

Hi,

ASPI has the official driver for up to Windows XP, and we will have to write a driver for later versions of Windows, which is not in our plan. If you can not find a driver for your CD drive that supports SPTI, you may have to get a new one.

Sorry.

Best regards.