Forums

Soundop does not detect my ASUS CD Burner
Tried several things but it won't be recognized. Other programs like Nero Burning Rom are detecting the device.
My device is a ASUS DRW-24B5ST.
(04-10-2020, 05:15 AM)rotong Wrote: Tried several things but it won't be recognized. Other programs like Nero Burning Rom are detecting the device.
My device is a ASUS DRW-24B5ST.

Hi,

Can Soundop recognize the CD driver when extracting audio tracks from CD?

Thanks.
No it does not...
(04-10-2020, 02:25 PM)rotong Wrote: No it does not...

Hi,

Sorry. We could not fix the problem for the time being. Soundop uses the driver of the Windows system to read and write CD. And Nero is more specialized and may use a different driver developed by themself.

Best regards.
(04-10-2020, 05:09 PM)ivosight Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 02:25 PM)rotong Wrote: No it does not...

Hi,

Sorry. We could not fix the problem for the time being. Soundop uses the driver of the Windows system to read and write CD. And Nero is more specialized and may use a different driver developed by themself.

Best regards.

Quite a pity! But perhaps in near future?
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Couldn't let it go. So I did a research and finally ended at the Standard ACHI SATA Driver in Windows 10. Deleted the driver and started up my system. Soundop now sees my ASUS DVD writer.
(04-11-2020, 06:18 AM)rotong Wrote: PROBLEM SOLVED!

Couldn't let it go. So I did a research and finally ended at the Standard ACHI SATA Driver in Windows 10. Deleted the driver and started up my system. Soundop now sees my ASUS DVD writer.

Excellent!

Thanks. Smile
(04-11-2020, 07:35 AM)ivosight Wrote:

Excellent!

Thanks. Smile

Sorry for the convenience but I cheered too early. I can extract tracks from a CD now but still can not burn them! The writer does not appear in the selection box. The box remains grayed out... Huh
(04-11-2020, 09:13 AM)rotong Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 07:35 AM)ivosight Wrote:

Excellent!

Thanks. Smile

Sorry for the convenience but I cheered too early. I can extract tracks from a CD now but still can not burn them! The writer does not appear in the selection box. The box remains grayed out... Huh

Hi,

We have made some changes to the process of checking CD drivers in the new version.  Please check if that works.

Thanks.
Best regards.
Hi there,

After the update still no active CD Burner in CD Project. The device is only visible to extract from CD. Sorry!
Regards.