Forums

some feature suggestions
(09-30-2022, 02:59 AM)balanced Wrote: I also noticed that after using the mixspace for a while, video playback starts to struggle badly. When you open the mixspace and press playback, video plays quite fine, but after stopping playback and playing from other timeline location, video playback starts to chop. This actually happened last time too when I tried using video. For me at least Soundop seems more stable if I keep video window docked somewhere in the main window panels. If I place it separately to an external display then I get crashes quite often. Not sure though if this has anything to do with my setup and external usb3 touchscreen.

I'll attach a screen capture of the video codec properties I'm having problems with. Anyhow the same behavior happened with another session earlier also.

Cheers.

Edit: If I close the mixspace and open again, video playback works first normally again. Moving the playhead and starting playback from different locations seems to be the thing that makes video playback struggle. When it starts to really struggle I only see pretty much changing freezed frames for 1 sec at a time.

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

We have released a new version that fixed a bug with video playback in mixspace. Please check if the problem still exists.

Best regards.
Thanks again for your amazing responsivity. I'll test the video.

Meanwhile, I have a suggestion for frequency analysis. When mastering, it's very useful to select the whole song or project and calculate the analysis for a wider amount of audio.

What frequency analysis lacks though is the option to set the sloping value. Some kind of sloping is generally used for audio analyzers, at least that's my experience. As I often use Span Plus I'm most familiar with 4.5dB/oct. Maybe a selectable value as part of preferences could be used? Or just a value box as part of the frequency analysis user interface. For more information see here: https://soundand.design/spectrum-analyze...6df8892ea3

Another improvement could be the option to set time-based smoothing (faster-slower) of the analysis information. If you use frequency analysis as a real time tool, this would be very useful. The best place to change this value (some predefined carefully thought values or a pot or a slider?) might be straight from the interface as you could make adjusments as you play audio.
Well this is great, you fixed the video playback before I even finished mastering the gigĀ Big Grin. Cheers! At least it seems to play just fine now.

Btw one suggestion more: If "Link source file" could be done for several clips at a time that would make life a lot easier. I have a situation where I have one audio file sliced into several clips on a track and I'd like to keep all my clip editing but just change the source file for a new mix (and not to overwrite the original source file). I can do this by individually changing every and each clip source file, but selecting several clips and changing the source file changes only one of them. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something stupid or is it just not possible to change several source files at a time?

Cheers Smile
Yet another feature wish: It would be great if audio rendering process could make use of multi core processing. I'm rendering now a 4 hour show with not too much processing and it takes me maybe 25 minutes to make a mixdown with a Ryzen 7 4800H.. And Soundop is able to utilize under 12% of my total CPU (all cores included). But I realize this might not be the easiest one to accomplish. And this might have been discussed elsewhere too.
I think I might have found a bug. I have re-linked a bunch of clips to a new source file and taken care that none of the current clips in mixspace should reference to the original file. The original file however does not become "Unused" in Files tab. As I'm working with large files this is a bit annoying, the saved mixspace will carry with itself unused files.

The clips also retain their original file name when linking them to new audio files. I'm not sure if this is intended, for people who make new file versions, rename those accordingly and link them to existing clips this is a bit frustrating as old file version names stay in mixspace when you use new files.

Cheers!

Never mind this. I found out that for some reason I had clips under other clips in my mixspace, which referenced to old file versions. Not sure how this happened in the edit, but those clips could not be seen or heard so I was unaware that they existed..
(10-03-2022, 12:28 PM)balanced Wrote: Thanks again for your amazing responsivity. I'll test the video.

Meanwhile, I have a suggestion for frequency analysis. When mastering, it's very useful to select the whole song or project and calculate the analysis for a wider amount of audio.

What frequency analysis lacks though is the option to set the sloping value. Some kind of sloping is generally used for audio analyzers, at least that's my experience. As I often use Span Plus I'm most familiar with 4.5dB/oct. Maybe a selectable value as part of preferences could be used? Or just a value box as part of the frequency analysis user interface. For more information see here: https://soundand.design/spectrum-analyze...6df8892ea3

Another improvement could be the option to set time-based smoothing (faster-slower) of the analysis information. If you use frequency analysis as a real time tool, this would be very useful. The best place to change this value (some predefined carefully thought values or a pot or a slider?) might be straight from the interface as you could make adjusments as you play audio.

Hi,

The latest version has added the drop rate and spectrum tilt option for frequency analysis.

Please check it out.

Best regards.
(10-03-2022, 12:57 PM)balanced Wrote: Well this is great, you fixed the video playback before I even finished mastering the gigĀ Big Grin. Cheers! At least it seems to play just fine now.

Btw one suggestion more: If "Link source file" could be done for several clips at a time that would make life a lot easier. I have a situation where I have one audio file sliced into several clips on a track and I'd like to keep all my clip editing but just change the source file for a new mix (and not to overwrite the original source file). I can do this by individually changing every and each clip source file, but selecting several clips and changing the source file changes only one of them. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something stupid or is it just not possible to change several source files at a time?

Cheers Smile

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The Lasted version will link the source file for all selected clips. Please check it out.

Best regards.
(10-03-2022, 01:41 PM)balanced Wrote: Yet another feature wish: It would be great if audio rendering process could make use of multi core processing. I'm rendering now a 4 hour show with not too much processing and it takes me maybe 25 minutes to make a mixdown with a Ryzen 7 4800H.. And Soundop is able to utilize under 12% of my total CPU (all cores included). But I realize this might not be the easiest one to accomplish. And this might have been discussed elsewhere too.

Yes, it will not be easy because audio has to be processed sequentially with effects.
Would it please be possible to be able to name spectral saves?

When comparing files this would be really helpful.

Wonderful program - am upgrading from Adobe Audition and the frequency analysis is so much faster it's amazing.
(10-19-2022, 12:17 PM)harbeth Wrote: Would it please be possible to be able to name spectral saves?

When comparing files this would be really helpful.

Wonderful program - am upgrading from Adobe Audition and the frequency analysis is so much faster it's amazing.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

But maybe UI is a problem.

Best regards.