Ivosight Forums

Full Version: Opus audio format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The current version of Soundop does not appear to support import/export of Opus files. Both Audacity (by default) and Audition (via this plugin) do support it.

May it be possible to add it to a future version? I have several Opus files as part of a large music mix I'm putting together.
(06-19-2022, 05:04 PM)laser Wrote: [ -> ]The current version of Soundop does not appear to support import/export of Opus files. Both Audacity (by default) and Audition (via this plugin) do support it.

May it be possible to add it to a future version? I have several Opus files as part of a large music mix I'm putting together.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The current version of Soundop supports importing opus files. And we will add support for exporting in future versions.

Best regards.
Well, the version I downloaded a couple of days ago (1.8.14.6 64-Bit) doesn't list .opus in supported files for import:

[Image: openaudiofile20jdu.png]
(06-20-2022, 03:23 PM)laser Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the version I downloaded a couple of days ago (1.8.14.6 64-Bit) doesn't list .opus in supported files for import:

[Image: openaudiofile20jdu.png]

Yes, it is not listed. You have to choose All Files to select the file. And you can also use drag-drop to import files.

Best regards.
Well, that's a bit peculiar, but at least it does work. Smile
(06-20-2022, 09:32 PM)laser Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's a bit peculiar, but at least it does work. Smile

Hi,

We have released a new version that added support for importing opus files. Please check it out.

Best regards.
Yes, that's more convenient now. Smile

I've also noticed that, like Opus before, Soundop supports importing WebM files, but .webm is not in the supported files list (it lists "Matroska / WebM", but not the .webm extension)
(06-24-2022, 09:15 PM)laser Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's more convenient now. Smile

I've also noticed that, like Opus before, Soundop supports importing WebM files, but .webm is not in the supported files list (it lists "Matroska / WebM", but not the .webm extension)

Hi,

We have added support for importing WebM files in the latest version. Please check it out.

Best regards.
It would be great if Soundop was able to save files in OPUS format as well.
(03-09-2023, 07:16 AM)Ivellios Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great if Soundop was able to save files in OPUS format as well.

Hi,

Thank you.

We will add this feature to our list.

Best regards.